Program Cost: $3150
We are thrilled to be offering a week of combined yoga and riding at the ranch, with the yoga sessions led by Marc Holzman.
The physical alignment one strives to achieve when riding horses is the same as the alignment one practices in yoga, so the two work together in beautiful harmony. Whether you are more familiar with horseback riding or with yoga, you will be challenged by and find joy in the week’s activities. Each day will combine Yoga sessions led by Marc Holzman as well as exhilarating rides in the vast Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. There is also the option of a couple riding lessons if you would like to focus on improving your riding during the week. Marc’s yoga practices weave together the movement of a Hatha class with rich philosophy.
Meet your Instructor
As a pioneer for deep change, Marc has dedicated most of his own life to unraveling this great mystery. An avid Truth-seeker and playful risk-taker, Marc is passionate about refining the art of living and empowering his students to do the same.
Marc is a certified Ayurveda practitioner with over 18 years’ experience teaching Hatha Yoga and Meditation. He currently lives in both L.A. and Paris for greater access to the workshops, teacher trainings, and retreats he teaches across the globe. He can also be found across the ethers via his many classes streamed on YogaGlo, and his signature Ayurveda health coaching program, Evolutionary Habits, has been accelerating the wellness path of students since 2012.
Ten years ago, Marc founded Guerilla Yogi, a donation-based community class, to encourage students of all economic circumstances to experience the joy of yoga. Guerilla Yogi continues to thrive in Paris where it has gained tremendous momentum
Marc teaches a comprehensive practice that integrates proper anatomical alignment with a steady, rhythmic flow where the bio-mechanics of hatha yoga meets the artistry of movement. Each class is themed with an aspect of Yoga Philosophy to ground the physical practice into a deeper, more profound context. We conclude with pranayama and meditation making this a beautifully balanced experience that nurtures body, mind, and spirit.
- Arrive at the ranch between 2-6 and settle into your comfortable log cabin.
- Wine and appetizers at 6:30 followed by dinner.
- 7:30- 9:00 Breakfast made to order during this time period each day.
- 10:00-12:00 Join practitioner Marc Holzman for the morning yoga practice – this practice is designed to wake the body up and begin to connect with the complete body. We will practice postures from the hatha sequence system with a focus on alignment and breath.
- 12:30 Gather at the main lodge for lunch
- Gather by the corral at 2:45 for an introduction to the wranglers and a short demonstration of the riding techniques used on the ranch. Mount up and ride to the ring for a brief evaluation to make sure you are well matched with your horse, tack, and fellow riders. After this session go on a trail ride in the scenic wilderness surrounding the ranch. There are endless interesting destinations with varied terrain to be explored and no ride will be repeated during your week long stay.
- 6:00 Light yoga practice focusing on post riding stretching.
- Wine and appetizers at 6:30
- Meet at the corrals at 9:15 for a morning ride or chose to take a lesson in centered riding techniques. During the lesson you will recognize the great symbiosis between balanced riding techniques and the body awareness brought by Yoga
- 3:30 – 5:00 Meet at the Yurt to practice additional postures from the flowing vinyasa sequence and build on your repertoire.
- This morning you can choose between a trail ride or another lesson in the arena.
- 3:30 – 5:00yoga session
- After breakfast we will do a picnic ride into the high mountains surrounding the ranch.
- 4:30 – 5:30 Afternoon Yoga to restore and refresh after the picnic ride.
- 10:00 – 12:00 Yoga session
- In the afternoon we will move the ranch cattle and participate in a team sorting competition, a fun opportunity to utilize your new found riding skills with this old cowboy game!
- Morning ride
- Lunch at the ranch
- 3:30 – 5:00 Yoga session
- Departure after breakfast and a sad farewell to new found friends.
*This itinerary is flexible. Changes may occur due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.Request Booking